Company: Blumenthal Performing Arts
Position: Marketing and Publicity Manager
WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
HOW LONG HAVE YOU LIVED IN CHARLOTTE AREA?
TELL US A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT YOU?
I was born and raised in the heart of Nashville, TN, where I eventually attended Belmont University. After graduating in 2013, I felt I owed it to myself to leave my beloved hometown and explore a new city. While Charlotte checked all of the boxes – a progressive and diverse city with professional sports and a vibrant arts community – I was sure I would move back to Nashville after a few years. 7 years later, I’m married with two dogs and a home in the beautiful Wesley Heights neighborhood. I often tell people the city motto should be, “Charlotte – it grows on you!”
DURING YOUR TIME VOLUNTEERING FOR A COMMUNITY ACTIVITY OR PROJECT, WHAT IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
Most recently, I was a volunteer at the Black Mama’s March. The demonstration was in response to the murder of George Floyd who called out for his mother as he was dying. Before the march, organizers read aloud names of Black victims of police brutality. When they were done, people from different areas of the park began yelling out Black victims that were unintentionally left off the list….It felt like an eternity. That moment has stayed with me since that day.
IN YOUR OPINION, HOW DO YOU CONTRIBUTE TO THE COMMUNITY? PLEASE BE AS DETAILED AS YOU CAN.
– Certified Public Activist – League of Women Voters
– 2020 Election Official, Mecklenburg County Board of Elections
– Member of the Diversity On and Off Stage collective/planning committee
– WFAE sustaining member #publicradionerd
– Local newspaper supporter (S/O to Charlotte Observer, Charlotte Post and Queen City Nerve)
– Planned Parenthood volunteer and donor
– Head of Blumenthal’s young professionals’ group, Club Blume
WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES OR INTEREST?
– I’m a huge political/news junkie
– I am still a fan of my hometown sports teams(Nashville Predators and Tennessee Titans)
– Working out is my therapy. I have so much love for the Charlotte fitness community!
– I try to see all of the Best Picture-nominated films before the Academy Awards.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE THAT YOU STAND BY?
When I left home, my mom gave me a copy of the letter my grandfather wrote to her when she left home. The last line says, “pick your friends carefully and value them fully, as they will mean everything to you.”
WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 5 YEARS? 10 YEARS?
Hopefully, I’ll still be employed at my current company in a senior leadership position. I’d love to start a family and serve on a board for the city or county.
CAN YOUR SHARE ONE THING THAT IS ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
Visit all of the MLB ballparks in the United States.
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU USED YOUR PASSPORT?
Jamaica for my honeymoon in April of 2018
WHAT IS A FUN FACT ABOUT YOURSELF THAT NO ONE KNOWS?
I had a very thick southern accent up until Elementary School. I have a feeling my Yankee mother had a hand in curbing that….
WHO IS YOUR HERO?
I don’t care if it’s cliché… My mom. As a single mother and freelance writer, she worked around the clock to support my brother and me, yet still found time to tirelessly give back to the community. She’s beautiful, witty and an all-around badass.
WHAT WAS THE LAST BOOK YOU READ?
She Will Rise by Katie Hill
WHAT WAS THE LAST MOVIE YOU SAW?
Boys State. HIGHLY recommend.
WHAT WAS THE LAST CONCERT YOU SAW?
I barely squeezed in Sturgill Simpson and Tyler Childers before the pandemic. I miss live music!