- This event has passed.
2019 Conference – Autism: Strategies for a Lifetime
March 22 @ 9:00 am - March 23 @ 5:00 pm
The Autism Society of North Carolina’s annual conference is a two-day event featuring nationally and internationally recognized speakers and topics of interest to all members of the autism community.
The 2019 theme, Autism: Strategies for a Lifetime, reflects our understanding that needs change for individuals on the autism spectrum throughout their lifetimes. Autism self-advocates, families, and professionals will come together to learn practical strategies that can be used in their homes, at school, at work, and in the community.
Speakers & Topics:
- Anxiety and Sleep: Addressing Life’s Challenges with Dr. Patrick Friman
- Best Practices in the Real World with Dr. David Mandell
- From Genes to Biology: What We Know and Why It Matters with Dr. John Spiro
- Adulthood: Resources and Opportunities with a panel
- Let’s Play! Getting Kids with Autism Engaged with the ASNC Clinical team
- Gut Issues in Autism
- Relationships and Resilience: The Importance of Self-Care
- Assistive Technology: It Doesn’t Have to be Expensive or Complicated with a panel
As is tradition, the closing conference session will include a panel presentation including adults with autism.
Find more details about topics on our website.
Fees: Early-bird prices are in effect through February 28. Click on register for price options. Fees include:
- Continental breakfast, refreshments, and lunch
- Access to sessions
- Free download of the conference app, including digital handouts
- Access to the Exhibit Hall featuring organizations, service providers, and vendors
- We accept credit cards, checks, ACH transfers, and purchase orders for school districts and government organizations.
- If you need to be billed/invoiced (MCO, school district, educational institution) download and complete the registration form and under “Checkout,” click “Other Payment Options” then “Send Invoice.”
- If you need to print a registration form, click here.
- Send purchase orders to email@example.com or fax to 919-882-8661.
Continuing education units will be offered through the Charlotte AHEC. CEUs are $35 per day or $50 for both days. We estimate 6.0 hours per day of CEU credit.
Get your info early through the conference app!
We are pleased to help you save money and trees by bringing back our popular conference app. The app allows attendees to review the agenda, exhibitor information, maps, receive handouts electronically, and connect with other attendees using the app. By default, all attendees will be registered as using the app. If you need paper handouts they will be available for an additional fee when selected.
Discounted hotel rooms:
The Hilton Charlotte University Place is offering discounted rooms at $100 per night for the nights of 3/21 – 3/23. To take advantage of this special rate, reserve your room here before February 28. Rooms at the discounted rate are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sponsors and Exhibitors:
If you are interested in learning about opportunities to connect with our attendees, contact David Laxton at 919-865-5063 or firstname.lastname@example.org.