New offerings introduce soups to the menu and highlight the flavors of New Mexico as part of ongoing Destination Salads series
Chopt Creative Salad Company, the pioneering fast-casual salad destination with over 35 locations throughout the U.S., is excited to announce the addition of Soup & Salad Meals to the menu. In addition, Chopt continues its commitment to celebrating fresh, innovative and regional flavors by launching three new salads, inspired by the cuisine of New Mexico, as part of the brand’s ongoing series of Destination Salads.
Chopt re-imagines American fast food by combining global and regional flavors with the best local and artisanal ingredients such as Goat Lady Dairy goat cheese, The King’s Bakery bread, Burch Farms kale, Wise Farms butternut squash and Roots hummus among others.
Chopt is launching new cold-weather soups in all locations in North Carolina, Washington D.C and New York City (above 59th Street). These soups bring Chopt’s commitment to global and regional flavors to life with exciting twists on well-known classics and are also available as a Soup & Salad Meal.
- Mexican Chicken Soup: FreeBird chicken, hominy, poblano and jalapeno peppers with lime and cilantro.
- Spicy Vegetarian Chili: Black beans, lentils, chickpeas and escarole topped with Cotija cheese and scallions.
In addition, the newly launched New Mexico round of Destination Salads are inspired by Chopt’s travel to “The Land of Enchantment” and showcases the best ingredients that the region has to offer. The new menu additions celebrate the diverse flavors of New Mexico, introducing ingredients from the state such as Chimayo Chile and the Hatch Green Chile, the latter of which is sourced from Brooklyn-based and New Mexico-bred Zia Green Chile Co.
The New Mexico-inspired salads are available from November 7th, 2016 through January 3rd, 2017, and include:
- Spicy New Mexico Caesar: FreeBird Chimayo Chile chicken, goat gouda, avocado, pickled jalapeños, masa crisps, romaine & purple cabbage with spicy Hatch Chile caesar dressing.
- Warm Hatch Chile Grain Bowl: Braised FreeBird Hatch Chile chicken, quinoa & hominy blend, fresh jicama with lime, cotija, masa crisps, kale, broccoleaf & purple cabbage with limón vinaigrette & Red Chile hot sauce.
- Taos Market Plate: FreeBird Chimayo Chile chicken, fresh jicama with lime, roasted seasonal squash, quinoa & hominy blend, marinated kale & arugula topped with freshly grated goat gouda, Mexican goddess dressing and a wedge of lime.
“Food is about so much more than what’s on your plate; it’s about the traditions of a place and its people,” said Chopt co-founder Tony Shure. “In New Mexico, we found rich traditions that have created a depth of flavor and experience that are not seen elsewhere. When we dug deep into New Mexico, we were endlessly excited about what we found and we can’t wait to share that passion with our guests around the country.”
About Chopt Creative Salad Company: Chopt aims to change the way America eats through craveable, globally-inspired salads and vegetable dishes. Chopt combines seasonal ingredients from local purveyors with authentic flavors from around the world to craft inspired salad combinations with artisan dressings. Chopt heralds a new kind of fast food, with a menu that’s focused on health and flavor, while still being convenient, accessible and affordable. Founded in New York City in 2001 by best friends Tony Shure and Colin McCabe, Chopt has expanded to a family of over 35 restaurants in New York, Washington, D.C., Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina, with more to come soon.
For more information on Chopt, please visit www.choptsalad.com7