Funding focused on pay-if grant that will support research in the Queen City
WHAT: Atrium Health’s Levine Cancer Institute will present the 2019 annual American Cancer Society Cattle Baron’s Ball on November 9. Community leaders Moira Quinn and Jim Dunn will co-chair this gala event. Quinn is chief operating officer and senior vice president of communications of Charlotte Center City Partners and is a cancer survivor who is well-known throughout the Charlotte area as WBTV’s former news anchor and host of PM Magazine. Jim Dunn is executive vice president and system chief human resources officer of Atrium Health. This year, the focus of funding is an American Cancer Society pay-if grant that will support research right here in Charlotte at Atrium Health. For more information on this grant visit https://www.charlottecbb.org/
WHEN: Saturday, November 9
WHERE: Anne Springs Close Greenway Dairy Barn
104 Adventure Road, Fort Mill, SC 29715
CONTACT: Chrissy Geimann at Chrissy.Geimann@cancer.org, 919-622-7337
LIVE AUCTION: Highlights include
- Panthers suite tickets for 2 in late December, suite for the Kimpton Hotel that evening and limited-edition gnome
- Tiffany’s jewelry items valued at $5,400
- 2020 French Open Championship tickets
- One-year Carefree Boat Membership – Carefree Boat Club is the alternative to boat ownership. Members have unlimited use of a fleet of boats in Charlotte and access to over 80 other locations across the U.S. https://carefreeboats.com/locations/charlotte-nc/location/
- Mini-live auction features trips to tropical places, Jonas Brothers suite tickets for 4, a Big Green Egg and more.
For a complete listing of auction items and the evening’s scheduled events, visit https://www.charlottecbb.org/entertainment
CATTLE BARON’S BALL HISTORYS:
The first American Cancer Society Cattle Baron’s Ball was held in 1974 in Dallas, TX. Since then, the Cattle Baron’s Ball has grown into one of the premier fundraising events across the nation, supporting the American Cancer Society’s mission to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, volunteering, or tickets, visit www.charlottecbb.org.
If you would rather not receive future communications from American Cancer Society, let us know by clicking here.
American Cancer Society, 250 Williams St NW, Atlanta, GA 30303 United States