Company: Levo Charlotte
Position: Community Organizer
Charlotte, NC (“Presby baby”)
27 years (except for that summer in 2010 I studied abroad).
● I love to travel - Although I am Charlotte born and bred, I absolutely love to travel. Between weekend getaways and exploring new cities I love immersing myself in new cultures and ways of life.
● Smoothies are my jam
● I’m working on my green thumb
● I live in Plaza Midwood where I also went to (Plaza) preschool and (Piedmont) middle
● I’m a graduate of UNC Charlotte with an Organizational Communications and Criminal
● I’m the ultimate Charlotte tour guide, so much that in college I started a running list of
things to do and places to eat. It now has over 100 places broken down by pockets of town
● My first real job was at Red Robin on Harris Blvd. I worked with the company for 6 years all
the way through college. This company is the reason I found a love of marketing
● I’m a self taught online marketer.... mostly obsessed with HubSpot (a sales/marketing
software and community).
The moment I was managing an entire Greek community as the director of philanthropy and community service for a Boys and Girls club project on Milton Road in Charlotte, I recognized the impact I could have on several people. Managing and organizing turned into skills I recognized.
Contributing to the community is more a lifestyle than an individual situation for me. My community is my home town. My alma mater is in my hometown. My business is in my hometown. Contributing in my community is critical for improving my hometown. Between helping young professionals find their niche to speaking at UNC Charlotte to help college students figure out where to start. Helping ambitious, motivated individuals with professional development energizes me. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Netflix and chill. No, but really, I’m a dog mom to an Australian Shepard named Oliver, so any chance I get to hang out with him I take full advantage. He even goes to the bank with me and they know him by name. But honestly, I put so much of myself into my work and helping others achieve their goals that my hobbies normally consists of spending time with my friends, working in my yard, cleaning my house and other basic activities.
“Be the change you wish to see in the world” - Gandhi
Ideally, I hope to be teaching digital marketing full time and consulting marketing teams worldwide. Maybe I will write a book.
Other than this award, speaking at Inbound (a HubSpot conference) in Boston would be huge!
When I studied abroad in 2010 [UK, France, & Italy]. I hope to change that ASAP.
I’m a 4th generation Charlottean as long as we are counting Mint Hill and Union County. My mom grew up off of Eastway.
I don’t really have 1 hero. I more so have a lot of mentors and supporters who have helped me become the person I am today. It takes a village, you know? If I had to pick one,
The Sales Acceleration Formula by Mark Roberge - Personally, I love podcasts and audibles.
Daddy’s Home with Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell