Company: The Dean's List; Ryan Seacrest Studios
Position: CEO; Studio Coordinator/On-Air Personality (respectively).
Hello from Charlotte, NC! I'm Meredith Dean, the Studio Coordinator/On-Air Personality for Ryan Seacrest Studios and the CEO/Founder of The Dean's List. When wearing my entertainment industry hat, I create programming for pediatric patients that include game shows, celebrity interviews, and performances at Levine Children's Hospital. As a female entrepreneur, I started my own digital branding & career consulting company in 2015 in my tiny NYC apartment. My company, The Dean’s List, helps professionals get their dreams jobs by building personal websites and enhancing their online presence. 10% of all profits go to Habitat Aid Initiative, my family's non-profit which builds sustainable communities, clinics, girls schools, and wells in the Western Kenya area. My mission is to help young professionals in a very competitive job market, empower women, and to bring client's stories to life in a digital format.
I LIVE BY 5 THINGS
1. Empower others.
2. Always be positive.
3. Everyone matters.
4. Think before you act.
5. Stay curious.
When I found out that my donations from my business to Habitat Aid Initiative would be enough to build a girls’ dormitory in Western Kenya, I was absolutely blown away. My heart has never been more full when I received the picture of the female students standing in front of the Meredith Dean House. The future is so bright for these hard working, resilient, and beautiful female students.
1. I’m a leader within Local Levo Charlotte, a women's millennial empowerment group and support other business women in their endeavors. I help photograph, organize, and lead women's empowerment events for Levo League such as the #Ask4More workshop focuses on women owned businesses and female freelancers in Charlotte.
2. Each month I host Alumni Events for the University of Georgia Charlotte chapter and welcome new grads to the city. I also reconnect & network with alumni in the area.
3. I hire interns for Seacrest Studios from Davidson, UNCC, Queens, Catawba, Carolina School of Broadcasting, and other Charlotte schools. Additionally, I have engaged UNCC & Queens Career Services by participating in mock interviews, speed networking, and being a panelist during classes.
4. Got several local companies such as Red Ventures & Driven Brands involved in studio activities (Seacrest Idol and Bingo) to add an element of community involvement. This increased studio awareness in hospital system and community.
5. At Levine Children’s Hospital, I host shows and interview celebrity guests for patients and their families from all over the Charlotte area. I hope to enrich their lives and stay at the hospital through our uplifting programming.
Speaking French, Watching Fireworks, Lord of The Rings & Game of Thrones, Skiing, Safaris with Giraffes, Jeeps, Supporting Women in STEM Fields.
“If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” ― Sheryl Sandberg.
I hope to have 400 clients by 2022, build several more girls dormitories with profits from The Dean’s List, and to have met/interviewed countless people who have inspired me to be a better person.
I’d like to ride a horse across the Sahara Desert.
Obsessed with video games. I beat N64’s Zelda’s Ocarina of Time in one day.
I meet heroes daily in my line of work – our patients at the hospital beating their disease… people who have overcome unfathomable odds… Anyone who goes above and beyond to help others. Our prime purpose in this life is to serve others.
Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg.